Some spring days are more wintry than others, and on those days, it is necessary to have a plan to brighten an otherwise rainy day. Aside from Let Thy Food Chile con Queso (obviously), our top five ways to, as it were, Springify the Spring:
- Sunshine. Fresh Air. Nature. The real deal is the ideal, but let’s face it. Some days, when it is not an option to drive to the mountains for reprieve, you’re going to have to change your work desktop screensaver to an image of birds in the forest. And maybe even a Sounds of Nature situation.
- Lemon water. Hydration is essential, and lemons are bright, cheerful sunshine. Drinking lemon water is virtually the same thing as taking a quick trip to sunny California.
- Snacking, of course we would mention, is the difference between the snowy-gray of winter and the bird-chirping joy of spring. Might we recommend you start with Spinach Artichoke Dip, continue onto Chedd’r Bac’n Dip, and finish off with the grand finale brilliance of Chile con Queso. The day is only as good as the snacks, we always say.
- Exercise. We love pilates, hiking, and yoga. Exercise is the great mood lifter, so whatever it takes to get yourself motivated, make it happen. Self-coercion is always fun…
- Inspirational quotes. This approach will get you through a maximum of thirty minutes. Use this as a last resort. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” With that, you, dear reader, are now officially motivated to power through another 30 minutes of this day. Go!